Regulation On Cosmetic Products Entered Into Force
The Cosmetic Products Regulation was published in the Official Gazette numbered 32184 on May 8, 2023.
By the amendments, the cosmetics regulation has been brought into compliance with the Regulation (EC) No. 1223/2009 of the European Parliament and the Council on cosmetic products within the scope of the Association Council Decision 1/95.
With the Cosmetic Products Regulation:
- The responsible actors for cosmetic products have been defined in the newly published Regulation. The responsible person, importer, manufacturer, and distributor, which are also included in the EU Cosmetic Regulation, have been added to our regulation.
- Conditions regarding Carcinogenic/Mutagenic and Reproductive Toxic components that may be present in cosmetic products have been determined.
- The educational background of persons who will prepare the Product Safety Assessment Report, which is mandatory before the launch of cosmetic products, has been changed in compliance with the EU Cosmetic Regulation.
- The cosmetic product free sale certificate has been added to the regulation for providing support to local cosmetic manufacturers to export.
- With the Cosmetic Products Regulation in compliance with Regulation (EC) No. 1223/2009 of the European Parliament, all annexes of the regulation have become compliant with the EU. All updates made by the European Commission will be reflected in the regulation.
- The national data system (UTS) for notifying cosmetic products has been defined in the Cosmetic Products Regulation.
In the scope of the mentioned provisions, unregistered products in the market will be prevented. It will also contribute to the free movement of goods and it is also claimed to open room for the products that freely circulate in the RU to market to be present in the national market in accordance with the Customs Union. Additionally, it is also mentioned that the acceptability of suitable Product Safety Assessment Reports for products coming from the EU will be ensured in Turkey without the need for repeated submissions for the entry of the products. The companies exporting to the EU market will also be facilitated.